RevLin OS: Help wanted

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Fri Apr 23 15:36:02 UTC 2010

on 22/04/2010 18:04 RevLin Software said the following:
> Hello All
>
> My name is Patrick Quinn
>
> I am currently part of a team working on a new operating system called
> RevLin OS. RevLin OS will use a new desktop environment called RaVe that is
> coded almost entirely in web language (Css html5 and Javascript ) with
> native back ends, all running locally inside a Webkit based run time
> environment. However we are on the fence with the kernel. Initially we
> wanted to base the kernel ( named PopCorn) on Linux due to its support for
> various desktop hardware and platforms, but now we feel that going  with
> FreeBSD or maybe even Haiku  would be a  better plan. I was wondering if any
> BSD developers would be willing to come aboard and work on the kernel with
> us? More information about the OS can be found over at my blog
> http://p-quinn.com/entries/report/report-what-is-revlin-os-and-what-are-its-benefits
> .
> If you have any other more technical questions feel free to ask.

Patrick,

RevLin/RaVe sounds like a very interesting project in line with modern trends.
I am curious what is your motivation to look for alternatives to Linux and
specifically for your interest in FreeBSD.  Is it based on some technical aspects,
or license, or something else?

Thanks a lot!
--
Andriy Gapon