regenerating /var/db/pkg

Diane Bruce db at db.net
Thu Apr 22 13:05:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:11:24PM -0400, Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:
> I acciddentally rm'ed my /var/db/pkg and want to know is it possible to
> rgenerate it (I have portmaster and portupgrade installed)

You would have to write a script which went through each file in
/usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib (mostly sufficient) and examined
every single pkg-plist looking for the corresponding file. Then you
know what port the file was generated by. Needless to say, this would
be somewhat horrible.

- Diane
--
- db at FreeBSD.org db at db.net http://www.db.net/~db