Fwd: mkuzip and/or geom_uzip changes?

Yoshihiro Ota ota at j.email.ne.jp
Sun Apr 18 03:30:16 UTC 2010

If you want to make a bootable FreeBSD CD, take a look at
freesbie in ports.  That's what the software does.

I that doesn't satisfy you, you can start look into creating one on your own.

I have a couple of suggestions.
mkuzip copies the disk image.
You really WANT to unmount before running it; otherwise, file system is in use and dirty.

If you load modules, you can simply list these files in /etc/fstab like below.

/dev/md.uzip    /usr/ports      mfs     ro,-P,-F/usr/uzip/ports-20090103+xosview.uzip

Hiro