[RFC] The official logo for logo_saver?

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 09:24:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Peter Pentchev <roam at ringlet.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 09:18:09AM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav wrote:
>> Jung-uk Kim <jkim at FreeBSD.org> writes:
>> > Although I really like logo_saver with Beastie, we have the official
>> > FreeBSD logo and I think it is time to say good-bye to the old logo
>> > image file.  The attached file is a drop-in replacement for
>> > sys/dev/syscons/logo/logo.c.
>> >
>> > What do you think?
>>
>> I agree, please commit.
>
> Mmm, not to belittle jkim's work in any way (thanks for taking
> the time!), but... I wonder if this could somehow be made optional -
> TBH, I really like the current/old/original logo_saver image :)
> Of course, the new one is nice, too, and also official, but
> I still like the old one just a little bit better :)
>
> Maybe keep both arrays in the file and have a sysctl or something?
> (yes, I know there are people who think that there are already
> too many sysctl's and new ones shouldn't be added for trifles,
> but still... :)

    Why not just move the current logo.c to another screensaver app
(say beastie.c?) and add the one Jung's proposing to logo.c? Problem
solved... I mean, there's still an option of including the beastie
logo in the bootup menu -- no sense in removing the screensaver if the
boot menu logo is still around IMO...
Thanks,
-Garrett