help needed to fix contrib/ee crash/exit when receiving SIGWINCH

Alexander Best alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de
Sat Oct 31 13:30:50 UTC 2009

Dag-Erling Smørgrav schrieb am 2009-10-26:
> Alexander Best <alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de> writes:
> > the patch got committed by thomas and is included in
> > ncurses-5.7-20091024.patch.gz.

> > i guess it will be included in our base version of ncurses once 5.8
> > gets
> > released, but the patch should quickly make it into the port
> > version of
> > ncurses.

> Apply the upstream patch to vendor/ncurses/dist and merge it to head.
> Subversion will DTRT when you import 5.8.  I believe this is
> documented
> on the wiki.

> DES

great news. so should the PR be closed or should it remain in patched state in
order for 7.x to get patched?

another question: how about our ncurses base version in general? should it
remain the ncurses release version with our own patchset or would it be better
to update it more frequently with the official ncurses patchsets? i guess this
is the way acpi in the base dir is being handled. vendor updates get
integrated on the fly into the base dir.

on the other hand acpi isn't in the ports dir. if one needs cutting edge
ncurses there's devel/ncurses-devel. so there's a reason to only to update the
base version of ncurses when a new release is happening (5.8 e.g.).

what's your opinion?

alex