Help troubleshooting...

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Oct 26 14:45:37 UTC 2009

In message: <86aazecl00.fsf at ds4.des.no>
            Dag-Erling_Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
: "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:
: > Yes.  Of course I have local modifications, but none in the usb stack.
: > But I've also done a svn update from the top of the tree multiple
: > times and this version number persists.
:
: Weird.  r185338 was a commit to the old USB stack.  Try to run
: svnversion in sys/dev/usb, and in an unrelated directory such as
: sys/conf.  If there's a difference, run svn stat in sys/dev/usb and see
: if anything unexpected shows up.

% cd sys/dev/usb
% svnversion
198411M
% cd ../../conf
% svnversion
198411M

Some more digging down this line shows that there was a dangling merge
conflict in sys/i386/conf/GENERIC

Warner