About FreeBSD syscall usage

Yan, Yeqing yeqing.yan at intel.com
Thu Oct 22 08:38:45 UTC 2009

Hi:

I’m from Intel China. Our project use FreeBSD 7.0. I have some question about syscall usage but I think mail to the wrong address before.

Is there having any doc or example about how to use these syscall?

kse_exit

kse_wakeup

kse_create

kse_thr_interrupt

kse_release

kse_switchin

I read $man kse, but I can not find any example about how to use it. I write some test codes to call these function but all these codes are failed.

mac_syscall

I read $man 3 mac, but I can not find the usage about mac_syscall function.

thr_create

thr_suspend

thr_kill2

By the way, it is said “I think that KSE was used in 5.x and 6.x and then dropped in favor of a 1:1 threading model when 7.0 was released”

Does it mean the KSE syscall can be removed from FreeBSD 7.0?

Thank you very much!