FreeBSD DAQ Card Facility [DCF]

Manuel Gebele forensixs at gmx.de
Mon Oct 19 16:12:35 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

some time ago, I decided to start working on an FreeBSD implementation for data acquisition support.

Now I've published a very first Pre-Alpha version of the project.

To become a more precisely overview take a look at

http://freebsd-dcf.sourceforge.net/

Please notice that the project -as already mentioned- is in an early development stage. For that reason, we've only a skeleton driver which gives a guide about the ``DCF based'' low-level driver development.  The ``DCF core'' source code needs a cleanup -I'll do that time permitting.

The projects website needs also an update, especially the documentation part.

In the foreseeable future I plan to add two USB drivers for two (DAQ) USB plug-in boards. But at this time the main focus is that the DCF project becomes a usable form.

I hope that all this would be useful to our beloved FreeBSD =)

It would be great to hear about some of other people's opinions.

Thanks,
Manuel Gebele