RFC: Big Makefile patch for WARNS settings

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Mon Oct 12 10:30:38 UTC 2009

Gabor Kovesdan <gabor at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> What I noticed is that the patch sets WARNS?=0 for a lot of utilities,
> which actually have higher WARNS-compliance.

WARNS level 0 is the current default.  All Ulrich's patch does is
reverse the logic so that WARNS is 6 by default and anything that didn't
already set WARNS explicitly sets it to 0, so the actual value of WARNS
in each Makefile is the same as before.  This is orthogonal to actually
fixing whatever doesn't currently build at a higher WARNS level.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no