crashtar

Mikolaj Golub to.my.trociny at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 13:43:07 UTC 2009

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 12:34:05 +0200 (CEST) Alexander Best wrote:

 AB> thanks. this is a cool script and very useful indeed. only thing you might
 AB> want to do is check for root privileges at the beginning to avoid nasty error
 AB> messages like.

 AB> awk: can't open file /var/crash/info.0
 AB>  source line number 12

In some cases you might not need root privileges. E.g. on some servers I don't
have root but SA gives me read access to crashdumps. In this case if the
script had a check for root privileges I would not be able to use it.

Actually as for me the message looks informative enough, it says that we have
some problems with accessing crash dump files, so permissions should be
checked.

--
Mikolaj Golub