Cisco Aironet MPI350 Fix

Fulano Tal gatinhodosseussonhos at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 23 07:45:48 UTC 2009

ignore that, I just discovered watson.org.., sorry.

 computers are not for me, really :/

Felipe.

From: gatinhodosseussonhos at hotmail.com
To: obrien654j at gmail.com; freebsd-hackers at freebsd.org
Subject: RE: Cisco Aironet MPI350 Fix
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 05:17:30 +0100

Mr O'Brien,

I gave up of 8.0-RC3 a few days ago because I was unable of fix a missing /dev/agp,
but I got better after reading "freeze up a few seconds about once a minute",
just after restart a frozen pc.

I start to storm again but the only thing I know is:
a) slackware agp nod makes no sense
b) obscure halts during lilo are happening
c) frost login prompts broke with my freebsd zippy cowsay fortune fun

I need some clues or better, a breakpoint hint.

> Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:48:46 -0500
> From: obrien654j at gmail.com
> To: freebsd-hackers at freebsd.org
> Subject: Cisco Aironet MPI350 Fix
>
> Hello,
>
> I have a Cisco Aironet MPI350 PCI card in my Thinkpad X31, and on a
> fresh install of FreeBSD 8.0-RC3, the card did not work. Also, it caused
> my system to freeze up for a few seconds about once a minute as the
> driver spit out "an0: device timeout" messages so long as the interface
> was up. I researched the issue, and found the following fix already in
> dragonflybsd's tree:
>
> http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commit/7a2a04db44efafea257db883ae3eb5e4ebf2ece9
>
> I modified the patch and applied it to FreeBSD's kernel (trivial), and
> am happy to report that my card is now working flawlessly. Could someone
> possibly review this patch and integrate it into the source tree so that
> others may benefit from it as well?
>
> The patch is based off of 8.0-RC3's code, but applies to the latest code
> as well without modification.
>
> Thank you,
> Jeremy O'Brien

A vida na frente do computador ficou mais simples: Chegou Windows 7! Clique e Conheça