Cisco Aironet MPI350 Fix

Jeremy O'Brien obrien654j at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 22:11:37 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a Cisco Aironet MPI350 PCI card in my Thinkpad X31, and on a
fresh install of FreeBSD 8.0-RC3, the card did not work. Also, it caused
my system to freeze up for a few seconds about once a minute as the
driver spit out "an0: device timeout" messages so long as the interface
was up. I researched the issue, and found the following fix already in
dragonflybsd's tree:

http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commit/7a2a04db44efafea257db883ae3eb5e4ebf2ece9

I modified the patch and applied it to FreeBSD's kernel (trivial), and
am happy to report that my card is now working flawlessly. Could someone
possibly review this patch and integrate it into the source tree so that
others may benefit from it as well?

The patch is based off of 8.0-RC3's code, but applies to the latest code
as well without modification.

Thank you,
Jeremy O'Brien