help needed to fix contrib/ee crash/exit when receiving SIGWINCH

Alexander Best alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de
Mon Nov 2 21:32:32 UTC 2009

Dag-Erling Smørgrav schrieb am 2009-11-01:
> Alexander Best <alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de> writes:
> > great news. so should the PR be closed or should it remain in
> > patched state in
> > order for 7.x to get patched?

> Set it to "patched" until you've merged the patch to 6, 7 and 8
> (IIRC, 6
> has the new ncurses as well)

ok. the pr stays in patched state. right now the patch is in HEAD, 8-STABLE
and 8.0-RELEASE. rafan is thinking about mfc'ing the patch to 6-stable and
7-stable. however if somebody is willing to modify the patch so it applies to
those branches that'll be great

> > another question: how about our ncurses base version in general?
> > should it
> > remain the ncurses release version with our own patchset or would
> > it be better
> > to update it more frequently with the official ncurses patchsets? i
> > guess this
> > is the way acpi in the base dir is being handled. vendor updates
> > get
> > integrated on the fly into the base dir.

> I would just import releases, unless there is a compelling reason to
> import a patchset (i.e. it fixes a serious bug and we can't easily
> apply
> just that one patch).

my thoughts exactly. ncurses in the base dir is quite up to date. however i
personally think that other contributed software should really be updated
(binutils e.g.). but that's another story. ;)