Request for opinions - gvinum or ccd?

krad kraduk at googlemail.com
Sun May 31 22:13:23 UTC 2009

Yep, its also worth noting that with the capacities of drives these days you
should really use raidz2 in zfs (or some double parity raid on other
systems) if you are worried about data integrity. The reason being the odds
of the crc checking not detecting an error are much more likely these days.
The extra layer of parity pushes these odds into being much bigger