FYI Lighttpd 1.4.23 /kernel (trailing '/' on regular file symlink) vulnerability

Eygene Ryabinkin rea-fbsd at codelabs.ru
Wed May 27 13:16:30 UTC 2009

Wed, May 27, 2009 at 02:39:07PM +0200, Dag-Erling Sm??rgrav wrote:
> I was working on head.  The code is (mostly) the same, just shifted
> somewhere between ~50 and ~90 lines depending on where you look.  Your
> patch should apply cleanly.
>
> BTW, you made a lot of whitespace changes in namei.h.  This is generally
> frowned upon, as it makes the functional change almost impossible to
> spot in the diff.

Yes, spit the patch into two pieces.  Thanks for the reminder!

> > And yes, I know what was meant by '(cnp->cn_flags & ISSYMLINK) == 0'
> > ;))
>
> I know you know :)  I was just pointing out that the comment is
> misleading.

Changed it too.  All three pieces are attached.

Regarding the 'ln -s /etc/motd file; ln -s file/ anotherone': do you
(or anyone reading this) think that 'cat anotherone' should really
show the contents of /etc/motd or patch's behaviour is good?
--
Eygene