Disk quota for Jail. Discussion.

Menshikov Konstantin kostjn at peterhost.ru
Tue May 26 06:30:12 UTC 2009

Hi.
Jail now have no disk quotas.
Users which use jail, use separate zfs or md device for jail, but it
from a hopelessness.
It is necessary to discuss possible ways of realisation.
I suggest to make disk quotas for jail on the basis of the user quotas.

Introduction.
User UID and GID are located in inode and are always accessible.
No information about jail in ufs is present. All activity jail is
limited root path.

The work scheme.
In structure prison it is added structures containing disk quotas and usage.
At start Jail, we calculate the size root path and number of files in
it, thus receiving current use of a disk.
In functions of allocation of disk blocks and inode, we check quotas and
we increase current use.
If jail exceeds a quota, inquiry about allocation of the disk block or
inode it is rejected.
After work end jail the information on disk use is lost.

What do you think about it?
There are other offers?
--
Menshikov Konstantin.