ipfw uid rules for lo0 interface

Олег Петрачёв o.petrachev at sprinthost.ru
Thu May 14 11:44:01 UTC 2009

Hello!

I am using FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE.

I am trying to restrict connections to local smtp daemon to limited
number of users. But when I create rules for ipfw with uid pattern, I
don't get the desired result: all connections on 25 port are blocked and
it is impossible to allow it for anyone.

I am using the following rules (let's say only root is allowed send
messages):

# ipfw flush
# ipfw add 100 allow ip from any to me 25 uid root
# ipfw add 200 deny ip from any to me 25

# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...

And nothing is happening - the connection is neither allowed nor denied,
it just hangs.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!