SoC2009: libpkg, pkg tools rewrite

Tim Kientzle kientzle at freebsd.org
Mon May 4 15:16:26 UTC 2009

Garrett Cooper wrote:
>     There's also http://libpkg.berlios.de/ that you could use as a
> starting point, and please, PLEASE, don't neglect the SoC work that
> was done last year by Anders Nore. It was committed to p4, but hasn't
> made it upstream to CVS yet...

Good architectural summaries would help here; I
know David already has a lot of background reading
planned before start-of-coding this summer.  Can
you provide pointers to design documents or email threads
discussing any of these?

I'm not familiar with Anders work; what is the
current status of it?  Why hasn't it been pushed
into SVN yet?  Is there a good summary of what
it does so far and what remains to be done?

Cheers,

Tim