vfs_cache panic, 7.2-prerelease (stable)

xorquewasp at googlemail.com xorquewasp at googlemail.com
Fri May 1 19:21:17 UTC 2009

On 2009-05-01 15:13:08, Alexander Kabaev wrote:
> How recent are your sources? There were a number of bugs introduced and
> then fixed in releng/7.2 and stable/7 and line number you post does not
> match anything interesting in either.
>
> Please make sure you have latest vfs_cache.c file at the least.

Hello.

Checking back through my sent mail from the DRI thread, this version
of -STABLE was checked out and compiled on Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:42:51 +0100.

The machine was so new that I hadn't even set the clock, so the kernel
timestamps appear to be Jan 1.

I'll make an attempt to check out today's -STABLE and compile it but I'm
not optimistic that the machine will actually be able to build world
without reverting to a release first.

xw