Debugging init process.

Nate Eldredge neldredge at math.ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 10 19:02:17 PDT 2009

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, vasanth raonaik wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> I need to debug init process. I am not able to attach init to gdb and it
> throws

As others mentioned, this is explicitly disabled.  You could re-enable it
by hacking the kernel, but it could cause other unexpected problems.

Alternatively, there's always "printf debugging".

What is wrong with init, that you need to debug it?  It's a fairly simple
program that's been around for a long time and should be pretty stable.

--

Nate Eldredge
neldredge at math.ucsd.edu