Spin down HDD after disk sync or before power off

Octavian Covalschi octavian.covalschi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 06:43:33 PST 2009

I think just HDD parking won't harm HDD, as my prev HDD was autoparking
constantly (safe or powersave reasons).
However in my case, I can hear a sound that is made by a vibration, it's
like plates are slowing down and something is vibrating (arm?).

It's kind the same with desktop PC, when your power is cut and your HDD are
stopped too sudden.

Thanks.