sysinstall, GJOURNAL and ZFS

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Tue Jun 9 17:38:03 UTC 2009

> Interestingly in my experience its been the opposite, I've lost a few
> ext3 filesystems though bad power, same for NTFS (NT4, less so with
> 200x) but as yet never for ufs2 (fsck has always fixed it.)

In worse cases it required manual attention :) UFS is used and improved
over 20 years, it's SIMPLE and practically bug-free now, except snapshots.

I think it could be improved a bit more to support multiterabyte disks
better. Like more blocks allowed per cylgroup and few other changes that
will result in no more than 1000 cylgroups on that devices. This will
improve fsck times a lot.

Still it's well usable on 2TB disks.