Help on relicensing derived code

Henrique Almeida hdante at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 19:45:14 UTC 2009

 Hello,

 I have a doubt about licensing, please refer to the correct mailing
list if I've sent to the wrong one.

 I need to write an "errno.h" with constant values used by the FreeBSD
kernel. My project uses exclusively the 2 clause BSD license. I
expected to copy those values from FreeBSD errno.h. However, FreeBSD
errno.h has 3 clauses. I'm a total newbie in licensing procedures so,
it's not clear what to do.

 - Relicense the code as a 2 license BSD, because it's a derived work
(prefered choice)
 - If the above is not allowed, ask the original authors of errno.h to
provide an alternative 2 clause BSD license.

 Which choice is legally correct ?

--
 Henrique Dante de Almeida
 hdante at gmail.com