[Probably interesting for us] libcompiler_rt

Ed Schouten ed at 80386.nl
Mon Jul 6 09:19:56 UTC 2009

Hi all.

I think I've probably mentioned dozens of times I've been working with
some other people to get FreeBSD working with Clang in the base system.
The LLVM people recently announced another project that may be
interesting for us, which should be usable with both GCC and Clang:

	http://compiler-rt.llvm.org/

libcompiler_rt is a replacement for libgcc. According to the site it has
some performance improvements over libgcc. I'm personally not really
interested in those (as long as it's not slower), but the license seems
to be a lot better. Looking at the code, it seems to do what it should
do. Maybe it would just be a lot easier if we integrated all required
symbols into our C library.

Maybe I'm going to take a look at this, but there are also other
projects which I should work on.

Yours,
--
 Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl>