Dynamic ddb commands

Matthew Fleming matthew.fleming at isilon.com
Fri Jan 30 11:44:15 PST 2009

> If I recall it was painful to find entries in the help listing w/o sorting.

So it's a human reading problem, where ddb spat out the command names in
order that they were in the in-memory struct, and if I wanted to look
over the listing I had to visually scan every one since they weren't in
order?

> Feel free to propose an alternative implementation; noone's wed to
> what's in the tree.

Here's a patch for 6.x.  The display order for the commands is an
interesting issue; it would also make sense to group commands (perhaps
alphabetically) by the module that defined them, so that when I added a
module all my ddb commands stayed together.  The patch I have here will
leave commands grouped by module, so it would be relatively trivial to
have linker_file_register_ddb add a new kind of dummy command that
specifies the module name for the following set of commands.

N.B. It appears from the FAQ that attachments are acceptable so I'm
sending the patch as an attachment.  Apologies if this is incorrect.

Thanks,
matthew