KLD: program.ko: depends of kernel - no avaiable

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Jan 28 21:36:16 PST 2009

In message: <20090129045304.GA18493 at debian.samsung.router>
            Alexej Sokolov <bsd.quest at googlemail.com> writes:
: Can you  paste please the dmesg after KLDloading ? Sometimes there are
: in /var/log/messages more helpful information. And I would like to look
: your  syscall code if it possible.
:
: Alexej
:
: On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 05:21:02PM +0100, Jacky Oh wrote:
: > Hi,
: >
: > I'm writing a syscall module and he compiles well but at load time, kldload
: > shows:
: >
: > KLD: program.ko: depends of kernel - no avaiable
: >
: > anyone know something about this?

The problem here is that the kernel _FreeBSD_version was bumped and no
longer matches.  Jacky installed the kernel with version, say 800060,
and then updated the source bases where it changed to 800061, built
modules and tried to load them.

Warner