Code review request: cdcontrol status label additon

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Jan 28 08:21:06 PST 2009

In message: <87k58f7npu.fsf at kobe.laptop>
            Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org> writes:
: On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 02:09:50 -0700 (MST), "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
: > Please find enclosed patches to enable printing of the ISO-9660 Volume
: > label, if present, for a CD.  I've connected this to the 'status
: > label' command.  Please comment.
:
: The style looks ok, but this didn't work for a Fedora Core 10 disk I
: have around.  glabel on the other hand detected the label fine:
:
:   [ /var/log/messages ]
:   Jan 28 11:59:00 kobe kernel: GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider acd0t01 is iso9660/F10-i686-Live.
:
: Running `status label' on the same disk didn't find one:
:
:   # ./cdcontrol status label
:   No ISO 9660 label found
:   # ./cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0t01 status label
:   No ISO 9660 label found
:
: Maybe it would be better to hook into glabel (when available) or use a
: userland copy of the same code?

Not going to look at glabel for this.  I lifted the code from glable,
but must have done it badly.  I'll grab a core 10 cd and see what's up.

Warner