/dev/dsp* & /dev/audio* devices not present

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Mon Jan 12 06:45:11 PST 2009

perryh at pluto.rain.com writes:
> "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd2008 at kiwi-computer.com> writes:
> > Funny.  But this isn't a bug disguised as a feature.
> > It's a feature that you believe is a bug.
> I would call it a bug that you believe is a feature.

It is *by definition* a feature.  The code works as intended.  If it
didn't, that would be a bug.  The fact that you wish the code worked
differently doesn't make it a bug.

Anyway, you can complain until you're blue in the face, but it's not
going to change, for a number of very good reasons (which have mostly
been listed in other posts in this thread).

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no