kernel panic

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sun Jan 11 00:33:04 PST 2009

On 2009-Jan-09 00:05:47 -0800, Kamlesh Patel <shilp.kamal at yahoo.com> wrote:
>How do i recover the system from this error. I can't reload the loader.old

If you press any key during the first spinner, you should get a prompt
similar to the following:
>> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
Default: 0:ad(0,a)/boot/loader
boot:

You can then enter the name of the program you wish to run - eg
/boot/loader.old (or directly load /boot/kernel/kernel)

See the following for a more complete description:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=boot&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+7.1-RELEASE&format=html
--
Peter Jeremy