/dev/dsp* & /dev/audio* devices not present

Vladimir Terziev vladimirt at partygaming.com
Thu Jan 8 00:42:23 PST 2009

Hi Matthias,

the version of Ekiga i'm exploring is built from ports and it's
ekiga-2.0.11_4 .

Regards,

Vladimir

On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 10:31 +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Thursday, January 08, 2009 a las 09:06:45AM +0200, Vladimir
> Terziev escribió:
>
> > Hi Matthias,
> >
> > i configured Ekiga and during the configuration process it didn't
> find
> > any Audio device, so i think /dev/dsp* devices must be present,
> isn't
> > it ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Vladimir
>
> Which version of Ekiga you are using? In the past I've send patches to
> the Ekiga maintainer to make /dev/dsp working. I don't know if they
> made
> it, for example, into the version the 7.0 port is using.
>
>         matthias
>
> --
> Matthias Apitz
> Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH
> Gruenwalder Weg 28g - 82041 Oberhaching - Germany
> t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211
> e <matthias.apitz at oclc.org> - w http://www.oclc.org/
> http://www.UnixArea.de/
> b http://gurucubano.blogspot.com/
>
> SPAMer of the year: Subject: Alle Software ist Deutsche Sprachen
> >From: -40 % die Neujahrsaktion <GabrielleKelley at grungecafe.com>

This email and any attachments are confidential, and may be legally privileged and protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender by replying by email and then delete the email completely from your system.

Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender.  This communication is not intended to form a binding contract unless expressly indicated to the contrary and properly authorised. Any actions taken on the basis of this email are at the recipient's own risk.