pmap.h: No such file or directory---- Debugging error

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Tue Feb 3 13:35:40 PST 2009

Kamlesh Patel wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have two system one is Debug and another is Target machine. I am debugging using kgdb from Debug machine.
>
> Line no: 272 into the function vm_page_startup( vaddr ) of vm_page.c - Freebsd 7.0,
> mapped=pmap() is there. when i press "S" (step by step debug) then
>
> (kgdb)s
> pmap_map( , , , ,) at /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/pmap.c:1089
> 1089   va=sva=*virt
> (kgdb)s
> 1090   while(start < end){
> (kgdb)s
> 310    pmap.h: No such file or directory
>

> Same thing happens with pmap_invalidate_range()
> pcpu.h: No such file or directory
>
> Could anyone help me?

have you tried:

(gdb) help directory
Add directory DIR to beginning of search path for source files.
Forget cached info on source file locations and line positions.
DIR can also be $cwd for the current working directory, or $cdir for the
directory in which the source file was compiled into object code.
With no argument, reset the search path to $cdir:$cwd, the default.