bus_dma (9). What exactly means "Loading of memory allocation" ?

Sergey Babkin babkin at verizon.net
Sun Feb 1 18:57:01 PST 2009

   If I remember correctly, loading means that the pages become mapped
   and   address space   loaded, for any pages   pages are allocated and the d   machines, like I think DEC Alpha, the    the devices are not the same as seen by the CPU   translated. And so on.
   I think my real old articl   the Daemonnews site seems to be re   http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200008/isa.html
   -SB
   (sorry a   provider suppo   Feb 1, 2009 03:38:27 PM, [1]bsd.quest at googlemail.com
          at first the cut of text from man (9) bus_dma:
     bus_dmamap_t
          mapp     One map is used for each memory allocation that will b     Maps can be reused once they have been unloaded..     Question: What exactly means "Loading of memory allocation" in thi     s context
     ?
     Could anyone explain it or give me some little example wi     functions
     for understanding it.