Suggestion: rename "killall" to "fkill", but wait five years to phase the new name in

Jason A. Spiro jasonspiro4 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 22:03:22 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Xin LI <delphij at gmail.com> wrote:

> No.
>
> killall is not part of standard, and, just because System V choose to
> implement that way, does not warrant that FreeBSD has to.  Moreover,
> user can always alias /sbin/killall to 'fkill' and 'kill -15 -1' to
> 'killall' if they really want the System V behavior.

Xin, I'd like to discuss this issue with you by some means other than
email.  Could you please phone me at (646) 461-3412 (my Google Voice
call forwarding number, New York, NY); or is Skype voice chat okay?
(Those are my preferred options.)

Or how about IRC or MSN text discussion?

I can summarize the results of our conversation to the mailing list afterwards.