pam_passwdqc update to latest vendor release

Lars Engels lars.engels at 0x20.net
Thu Dec 17 18:38:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 11:15:30AM +0200, Leonidas Tsampros wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I read a mail on this list 3 or 4 weeks saying/stating that pam_passwdqc
> was out of date. To update the module I used the vendor release 1.0.5
> which can be found here
>
> http://www.openwall.com/pam/modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc-1.0.5.tar.gz
>
> The patch is available here:
>
> http://bifteki.podzone.org/~ltsampros/pam_passwdc.diff
>
> And a summary of the patch:
>
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/INTERNALS
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/LICENSE
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/Makefile
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/PLATFORMS
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/README
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_macros.h
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc.c
> A       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc.map
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc.spec
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/passwdqc.h
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/passwdqc_check.c
> M       contrib/pam_modules/pam_passwdqc/passwdqc_random.c
> M       lib/libpam/modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc.8
>
> I built the updated module on my system. I did some testing with the
> default options in /etc/pam.d/passwd and it seems to work okey.
>
> Feedback is welcome.

Thanks for updating pam_passwdqc. I couldn't find the time to update it
myself.

It works for me, though the patch doesn't apply cleanly:

Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff --git a/lib/libpam/modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc.8 b/lib/libpam/modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc.8
|index 408f77d..8247652 100644
|--- a/lib/libpam/modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc.8
|+++ b/lib/libpam/modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc.8
--------------------------
Patching file lib/libpam/modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc.8 using Plan A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 1.
Hunk #2 failed at 32.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 53.
Hunk #4 succeeded at 67.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 80.
Hunk #6 succeeded at 98.
Hunk #7 succeeded at 128.
Hunk #8 succeeded at 144.
Hunk #9 succeeded at 173.
Hunk #10 succeeded at 191.
Hunk #11 succeeded at 233.
Hunk #12 succeeded at 257.
1 out of 12 hunks failed--saving rejects to lib/libpam/modules/pam_passwdqc/pam_passwdqc.8.rej
done

Could someone commit this, please?

Lars