Deprecating ps(1)s -w switch

Alex Goncharov alex-goncharov at comcast.net
Tue Aug 25 20:39:37 UTC 2009

,--- You/Ivan (Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:02:56 +0200) ----*
| > Feel free to take a crack at this and send the results to the list for
| > review. Improving the documentation is always a worthy goal.
| >
| I would do that for sure if everyone thinks this ps behavior is
| something that should be kept at current state even if it could be made
| better

Don't know how you are going to find about "everyone", but I, for one,
think that modifying the established tool's behavior in the proposed
manner is an utterly bad idea.

Use shell aliases, functions and scripts wrapped around the primary
tool to get the behavior you like -- let others stick with their
established habits and wrappers.

Improving the documentation would be good, OTOH.

Thanks,

-- Alex -- alex-goncharov at comcast.net --