GA-MA780G-UD3H hardware monitoring

Andriy Gapon avg at freebsd.org
Tue Aug 25 18:00:50 UTC 2009

Does anybody know if Gigabyte provides special ACPI interfaces for HWM on their
motherboards? Maybe something like ASUS does (acpi_aiboost)?
Or do they access HWM chip directly?
They have this EasyTune software, so they must be doing something.

DSDT of GA-MA780G-UD3H doesn't even provide TZ.

This motherboard has iTE IT8718 Super I/O + HWM chip.
Thanks to superiotool from coreboot project I determined that base address (port
actually) for HWM logical device is at 0x228 (as opposed to more typical 0x290).
Slightly modified version of mbmon is even able to recognize the chip and get some
data. I am not sure if the data is entirely correct, but it looks sane/reasonable.

Still I would like to not only monitor temperatures, voltages and fan speeds, but
even to be able to control fan speed.

Any links, pointers, ideas, code would be very appreciated!

--
Andriy Gapon