Common interface for sensors/health monitoring

Oliver Pinter oliver.pntr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 02:17:32 UTC 2009

Hello!

When I good know, no common interface exisit in current freebsd
kernel, but some other sysctl interfece exisit: coretemp, aiboost ...

 ~> sysctl dev.coretemp
dev.coretemp.0.%desc: CPU On-Die Thermal Sensors
dev.coretemp.0.%driver: coretemp
dev.coretemp.0.%parent: cpu0
dev.coretemp.1.%desc: CPU On-Die Thermal Sensors
dev.coretemp.1.%driver: coretemp
dev.coretemp.1.%parent: cpu1
dev.coretemp.2.%desc: CPU On-Die Thermal Sensors
dev.coretemp.2.%driver: coretemp
dev.coretemp.2.%parent: cpu2
dev.coretemp.3.%desc: CPU On-Die Thermal Sensors
dev.coretemp.3.%driver: coretemp
dev.coretemp.3.%parent: cpu3

~> sysctl dev.acpi_aiboost
dev.acpi_aiboost.0.%desc: ASUStek AIBOOSTER
dev.acpi_aiboost.0.%driver: acpi_aiboost
dev.acpi_aiboost.0.%location: handle=\_SB_.PCI0.SBRG.ASOC
dev.acpi_aiboost.0.%pnpinfo: _HID=ATK0110 _UID=16843024
dev.acpi_aiboost.0.%parent: acpi0
dev.acpi_aiboost.0.temp0: 190
dev.acpi_aiboost.0.temp1: 300
dev.acpi_aiboost.0.volt0: 1144