sosend() and mbuf

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Aug 4 16:57:27 UTC 2009

Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> writes:
> Maslan <maslanbsd at gmail.com> writes:
> > However, when i checked the pid & tid of the new created thread it
> > was not the same as the parent nor as the proc0 & thread0
> I am not sure, but sharing another process's address space doesn't have
> to imply it shares the same pid, right?

The man page explicitly states that if no process is specified, the new
thread is assigned to proc0, which has a valid filedesc table, valid
creds etc., so this shouldn't be a problem.  However, he's getting a
different PID, which shouldn't happen.  Either the man page is wrong, or
things were different in 7.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no