SoC2009: Design and Implementation of Subsystem Support Libraries for Monitoring and Management

Gabor PALI pgj at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 25 01:20:10 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I am Gabor Pali from Hungary, a PhD student at Eotvos Lorand University,
Budapest and Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca.  Offically, I have
been working on FreeBSD for a year, and I got a doc commit bit for my
Hungarian translations and documentation work, and now I also received a
ports commit bit for my further contributions to the ports tree.  I have
been using FreeBSD for almost eight years now, and I am interested in
development of operating systems.

During Summer of Code 2009, I will be working on wrapper libraries for
the network and process functions to support monitoring and management
applications to avoid direct use of the FreeBSD kernel memory interface.
This approach would allow the kernel implementation to change and
monitoring applications to be extended without breaking applications and
requiring them to be recompiled.  For this project, my mentor will be
Oleksandr Tymoshenko (gonzo@).

A more detailed version of my Summer of Code 2009 proposal can be found
on the FreeBSD Wiki:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/PGJSoC2009

Feel free to review and comment on it.

Cheers,