SoC 2009: BSD-licensed libiconv in base system

Gábor Kövesdán gabor at kovesdan.org
Thu Apr 23 13:30:37 UTC 2009

Hello all,

my name is Gábor Kövesdán. I'm a Hungarian student and I'll be working on
a BSD-licensed libiconv implementation for FreeBSD during this year's
Summer of Code program. It'll be based on NetBSD's Citrus iconv but there
is a lot to do besides porting. My mentor is Xin Li.
So far, I've worked on the Ports Collection, the Documentation Project and
the Hungarian translation in particular and last year, on a BSD-licensed
grep and sort. These are also in progress, grep is ready for a portbuild
test and sort is quite mature, as well.
You can read my full proposal at
http://kovesdan.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/soc2009/soc2009.html

Regards,