Kernel Conference Australia - Call for Papers deadline approaching

James C. McPherson James.McPherson at Sun.COM
Wed Apr 22 00:20:29 UTC 2009

Greetings!

I am organising a Kernel-focused conference for July 2009 - Kernel
Conference Australia.

The conference will be held at the Queensland Brain Institute, which
is a part of the University of Queensland here in Brisbane.

We've got some outstanding speakers committed to coming and talking
about what they're working on right now:

* Jeff Bonwick and Bill Moore (team ZFS)
* Sherry Moore (our x64 project lead)
* Gavin Maltby (FMA project lead)
* Max Alt from Intel (OpenSolaris relationship manager)

The Call for Papers closes on 1 May 2009 and registrations will open
on 4 May.

It's not just a conference about Sun's technologies, it's for
any and all Open Source technologies - and focused on the kernel.
So OpenSolaris, Linux, the BSD family, Minix, Microkernels are
all fair game for discussion.

The conference event website is

http://au.sun.com/sunnews/events/2009/kernel/index.jsp

which has a link to the Call for Papers and info about who
to contact for more information - or you could contact me
directly :-)

For the web2.0-inclined, joining the KCA2009 Facebook event
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=55116884131&ref=mf
would be a good thing. We also have a conference flyer which
you can print out, available from
http://blogs.sun.com/jmcp/resource/KCA2009_flyer.pdf

I look forward to seeing you at the conference.

Best regards,
James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems