diagnosing freezes (DRI?)

xorquewasp at googlemail.com xorquewasp at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 11 19:30:58 UTC 2009

On 2009-04-11 14:11:15, Robert Noland wrote:

> Are you running the 7.2-PRE or -STABLE?  There are a few relevant fixes
> in -STABLE that didn't make it into the pre-release.

Sorry, should've made that clear. It was meant to be -STABLE but it
seems to be calling itself -PRE. Just to clarify, my uname
says 7.2-PRERELEASE but I used the 'stable-supfile'. This is expected,
yes?

I'm about to update the machine's BIOS and then enable all the possible
debugging options from the kernel dev handbook.

xw