DNS problems

Aryeh M. Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:35:34 PDT 2009

I have registered and pointed to my name server the following domains:

istudentunion.com (.net and .org)

They resolve locally but do not resolve remotely.... it has been 24 hrs
so some propagation should of occured... I tested resolving remotely
with hardcoding the nameserver to be me and that works... what else
should I look at... I am using the named in base 7.2-PREREALSE (i386)
and used the guidelines in O'reilly's DNS and BIND.... what other tests
configs should I try? (I double checked the zone type and that I have
all the trailing dots)

Note I have also transfered registers in the last 24 hrs (but whois has
all the right data)