Compilation of hostapd

Sam Leffler sam at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 1 16:00:56 PDT 2009

Daamn M wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to set up wifi access point using my FreeBSD box and
> hostapd deamon. My goal is running EAP-TTLS server. It seems that the
> version shipped with base system isn't compiled with options allowing
> to use EAP server (I'm using 7.0 version but the same is with the
> latest 8.0 snapshot). I was suprised that some part of base system
> requires nonstandard tool (gmake) (I changed it to be able to use
> standard FreeBSD make). Besides, trying to compile it I get the
> following error:
>
> preauth.o(.text+0x1b2): In function `rsn_preauth_send':
> /usr/src/contrib/hostapd/preauth.c:263: undefined reference to `l2_packet_send'
> preauth.o(.text+0x55c): In function `rsn_preauth_iface_deinit':
> /usr/src/contrib/hostapd/preauth.c:148: undefined reference to
> `l2_packet_deinit'
> preauth.o(.text+0x660): In function `rsn_preauth_iface_init':
> /usr/src/contrib/hostapd/preauth.c:119: undefined reference to `l2_packet_init'
> gmake: *** [hostapd] Error 1
>

> This is ,,.config'' file I used (after this I pasted error I get if I
> modify a bit config file):

cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/wpa/hostapd; make

To enable functionality already supported by the Makefile you can add
HOSTAPD_* options to your src.conf (or for testing just add them to make
cmd line).  Otherwise you might need to mod the Makefile in which case
you can file a PR w/ the needed changes to get them included in svn.

    Sam