bad NFS/UDP performance

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Sep 29 11:59:17 UTC 2008

Danny Braniss wrote:
 > Grr, there goes binary search theory out of the window,
 > So far I have managed to pinpoint the day that the changes affect the
 > throughput:
 >         18/08/08 00:00:00       19/08/08 00:00:00
 > (I assume cvs's date is GMT).
 > now would be a good time for some help, specially how to undo changes, my
 > knowledge of csup/cvs are close to zero.

So you've nailed to down to this 24-hour window:

http://www.secnetix.de/olli/FreeBSD/svnews/?day=2008-08-18&p=/stable/7

I'm afraid that r181822 by rwatson is the most likely
candidate that might be causing the regression.

Best regards
   Oliver

"C is quirky, flawed, and an enormous success."
        -- Dennis M. Ritchie.