freebsd-update missed?

xorquewasp at googlemail.com xorquewasp at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 27 11:23:00 UTC 2008

On 20080927 13:15:15, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> Errata's are distributed with freebsd-update just like advisories.
>
> Since freebsd-update 2 (the one in the base system) /usr/src is also
> updated if it exists.  That said, note that freebsd-update does not
> get's patches from CVS so $FreeBSD$ unfortunatly isn't updated.
>
> I just checked, for 6.3 the patch 'EN-08:01.libpthread' is on the
> freebsd-update build server.

So for now, at least, I have to assume that I do have the patched
library and the problem is either still occuring for some unknown
reason or this is a new issue with the same or at least similar
symptoms.

I unfortunately don't have access to anything running > 6.3, so I'll
need to set up another box with 7.0 to see if the same thing still
occurs.