Rare problems in upgrade process (corrupted FS?)

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Fri Sep 26 11:13:18 UTC 2008

On 2008-Sep-26 12:22:55 +0200, Jordi Espasa Clofent <jespasac at minibofh.org> wrote:
>1) I do the sync process with csup(1); next I go into
>/usr/src/sys/amd64/conf to edit the GENERIC file (I use a custimized
>kernels) and this file doesn't exists.

You might like to check your CVSup site against
http://www.mavetju.org/unix/freebsd-mirrors/
to confirm it is updating correctly.  GENERIC should exist.

>* I reboot the machine (because of I suspect a very weird FS problem),
>boot in single user mode and do a 'fsck -fy'. Effectively, the fsck(8)
>found and repair several errors. Epecially, one error claims my
>attention: SUPERBLOCK.

It might have been useful if you had kept a record of the exact
messages.  If you repeat the fsck, does it now report any problems?

If you are using an up-to-date CVSup mirror, my next suggestion
would be hardware problems.

--
Peter Jeremy