FreeBSD and ISCSI, Strange Problem

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Fri Sep 26 06:39:30 UTC 2008

> I'm with a very strange problem in the FreeBSD 7.0R
> I use the iscsi_initiator to mount two devices of a Dell MD3000i, the
> file system is UFS.
> The problem occurs when I make a copy of a great directory for inside of
> the /data/email directory, passed some minutes of beginning of copy, the
> SSH connection stops to answer, when trying to open a new connection "
> Password: " it isn't requested, in the console, when typing the user
> "root" e to press enter, " Password: " also it isn't requested. The only
> way to come back is restarting the FreeBSD.
>
> When press CTRL+T during the freeze it is shown:
> # ssh root at 10.0.20.10
> load: 0.76  cmd: ssh 86930 [sbwait] 0.00u 0.01s 0% 2076k
>
> In another freeze it showed state [ufs]
> During freeze, send and receive pings work fine, but no service runing work.
>
> I already verified for some related LOG, however not see nothing related.

hi Daniel,
the problem is probably that iscsi is deadlocked, so fetch
	ftp://ftp/users/danny/freebsd/iscsi-2.1.tar.gz
cd /usr/src
tar xpzf /path-to-tar-file/iscsi-2.1.tar.gz
(cd sys/modules/iscsi/initiator; make; make install)
(cd sbin/iscontrol;make; make install)
probably the safest is now to reboot.

Let me know what happens.

obrigado (thanks?),