Error: Can't find libjava.so

Carlos A. M. dos Santos unixmania at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 03:26:29 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 6:19 AM, Marcel Grandemange
<thavinci at thavinci.za.net> wrote:
> I do realize this is probably better suited for freebsd-questions , however
> haven't received any response and was simply hoping someone would be kind
> enough.
>
> I recently obtained a very decent ups, however it is not supported by NUT.
> It does however come with winpower software that does run on FreeBSD.
> However it required java. So installed from ports
> And was presented with following error:
>
> Error: can't find libjava.so
>
> This is on system in folder "/usr/local/Diablo-jre1.6.0/lib/amd64/libjava.so

Do you mean this software?

     http://www.ups-software-download.com/winpower.htm

I looked at the installation script and found that it fails to find
the installes JRE. Try this:

     ./setup.bin LAX_VM "/usr/local/Diablo-jre1.6.0/jre/bin/java

Please notice that this will just run the  installer. I did *not *
install the software because I don't have a password. Anyway, unless
you have a version newer than the one I tested, it will unlikely run
on a recent FreeBSD/amd64 because it is for FreeBSD 4.6/i386:

FreeBSD/resource/jre/bin/i386/green_threads/java: ELF 32-bit LSB
executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD), for FreeBSD 4.6
(460102), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), FreeBSD-style, not
stripped

--
cd /usr/ports/sysutils/life
make clean