how determine all possible drivers for my system

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 22:16:40 UTC 2008

On October 17, 2008 01:21 pm Oleg wrote:
> Hello maillist of my favorite Wortstation&Server OS
>
> May i asking: how i can determine all drivers of existing devices, but
> who  is not present in GENERIC kernel.

<snippage>

> My question: what the "official" FreeBSD-way for the approach similar
> operations?

I tend to use a more trial-and-error method.  Basically, it's
run "pciconf -vl" to get a listing of all hardware in the system, and
then do searches in man pages, NOTES, and google to find what drivers to
test for each device listed as "noneX@" (where X is a number).

Most of the time, you can guess what the driver will be called based on
the type off device listed in pciconf.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com